Certain items of equipment are available for checkout to students currently enrolled in UTEMS courses. To reserve an item for checkout, please contact a member of the UTEMS staff.
Policies and Guidelines
- You are personally responsible for any UTEMS equipment that you borrow. If it is lost, stolen, or damaged in any way, you may be asked to pay for its repair or replacement.
- In general, UTEMS equipment is to be used only for class assignments or composition degree recitals. If you wish to use it for any other purpose, and/or if you are taking it out of the MRH building for any reason, you must have explicit permission to do so from a member of the UTEMS staff.
- Equipment is only to be checked out for a specific purpose and for a specified duration. At the time of checkout, you will be required to indicate when you plan to return it. Please return it promptly on the due date.
- Many items of equipment have miscellaneous adaptors, cables, power supplies, and other miscellaneous parts that are essential to their proper use. It is very important that you double-check to make sure you have everything that goes with the equipment when you return it.
- Some of this equipment is delicate and complicated to use. If used improperly, it will probably not work very well (if at all), and it can also be damaged or destroyed. So please don’t just assume that you know what you’re doing. RTFM (read the [friendly] manual)!